Did you watch The Bachelor? Every Monday night, a group of my girlfriends got together to watch the show. Guilty pleasure. I agree…it’s a silly show. Anyway, if you watched the “Women Tell All” episode you probably noticed the tranformation of Ashley H. I thought she looked amazing (throw it back in Brad’s face, right?). So stunning. What made her look so great was her make-up and dark hair. Loved it all.
I had the chance to see Jonathan Adler speak at my local library. Awesome, right? He talked about his new book series Happy Chic, how he launched his career, a sneak peek of his new products, his design aesthetics and views of his NYC apartment and other projects. There was a reception and book signing after the presentation, but I had to step out afterward to get home to a hungry baby. Here are some of the things he talked about:
- when you enter a room: what are you trying to have the room say? Keep it clean but add pops of color. And make sure there is a design palette. He loves the color orange.
- Everyone needs a little glitz–add some gold
- You can never go wrong if it’s something you really like
- In his living room, he decided to put a ping-pong table in it instead of a sofa that would never be sat on. He made the ping-pong table with plywood and then wallpapered it. It was my favorite room in his house.
- Next best thing in design? Needlepoint and animal-inspired pottery.
The new Anthropologie catalog has great pictures of spewed-out purses on the floor, revealing all the hidden goods inside the purse. I thought I’d share you what essential things I usually keep in my purse on a daily basis (yes I cleaned out my purse, usually there are a ton of receipts thrown in).
1. My purse! Got it from Piperlime and love it.
2. Marc Jacobs aviator sunglasses. Bought these at a discount at Loehmanns. Speaking of Marc, did you know he sells condoms?! Ha! I thought that was hilarious that condoms are now getting fashionable.
3. Always have an extra pair of earrings in my purse. I do it because a lot of times I’m running out the door and have to complete the finishing touches in the car. These are the Blakely’s.
4. Diaper/Wipes pouch–a gift from a friend. Now I have to carry two sizes of diapers. Can’t wait until my two year old is potty trained.
5. Toy cars. Carry them for my little two-year-old man. It’s amazing how a toy car can change his tantrum into a smile–and will keep him occupied.
6.Mutze French beret/hippie hat. Love this hat and it keeps me warm during the winter time.
7. Fruit snacks. For my kids and to keep them happy during those long errand runs.
8. Prepared formula. I nurse Chloe but I always carry some formula just in case I’m in some long crazy grocery line and she’s crying at the top of her lungs. I learned this lesson a while back.
10.Iphone. Got my iphone4 only six month ago and the face is already cracked. I fell on some ice and the phone happened to be in my hand. So, next time the store clerk asks you if you want to have insurance on your phone, say yes. It’s worth the money. This is my second iphone. My last one, I ran over it with my car!
11.Vintage credit card case. I bought this case while I was going to college in Salt Lake City at Chalkgarden (for those who remember that awesome store that is no longer in business). I love it. It’s made out of silver and has a butterfly etched in it. People ask me all the time where I bought it.
12. Covergirl Outlast lip stain. This is the best lip stain. It seriously stays on your lips for a long time. This is what the little girls used at Stella’s tea party.
13.M*A*C lipgelee–thick and glossy
14.L’occitane hand cream–my favorite hand cream. This stuff helps my hands so much in the wintertime from chapping.
15.Plain Zane burp cloth–for the little one
16.Book two of the Hunger Games–need a good read for those times when I’m waiting…waiting to pick up a child from school…waiting at the doctor’s…waiting for my baby to be done nursing. Have you read the Hunger Games? I’m on the last book now. It’s a good fast read.
What’s in your purse?
Did you watch the Golden Globes on Sunday? Football was on at our house so I completely spaced it. But I did catch the reviews on the winners and glamour. I love Olivia Wilde’s dress and her hairstyle. It makes me want to go through my yearly Spring bang phase. I also thought Sandra Bullock’s dress was beautiful and different. Although the critics didn’t like her hairstyle, I thought it was fresh change from her usual style.
I’m loving that stroller blanket I purchased from Plain Zane. It’s a birdie print that’s not too feminine but still has just the right colors for a little girl. I use the blanket on the car seat and it becomes very handy when Chloe is sleeping or from protruding hands. It covers the entire car seat and weighted down by the little pillow. She’s still a little too tiny for complete exposure to the world.
Wanna freshen up your make-up for the new year but don’t know what color will complement your eyes or lips? Check out Stila’s virtual makeover. You can upload an image of yourself and then apply Stila’s shades and products to your face. You can tap into your inner makeup artist to decide whether blue eyeshadow or coral lipstick will look good on your face.
Besides all my herbs that have taken over the top shelf, I finally reordered my favorite anti-aging face product, and they now have a special spot in the cabinet. For the last couple of months I’ve been neglecting the care of my face. Things like that happen during the last stage of pregnancy–ugliness starts to creep in, at least for me! I have been washing my face, but with not the greatest products and a part of my face kept breaking out. Finally I got up off my butt and made the order. My face can’t thank me enough.
Do you have a favorite face product?
Mine is Arbonne RE9 Advanced Set. Expensive, but a small amount goes a long way. I usually can make mine last 2-3 months.
After scanning the fashion magazines, opaque tights are on my Christmas list. With the right kind of skirt, they look so great! It actually brings some excitement to cool weather. I still love the look of tights with open-toe heels. Is that “in” still? And I do love the look of tights with booties.