Anti-Aging Skincare Tips
Prior to my trip to New York City, I had the most glorious, rejuvenating facial at Life Time Fitness Life Spa Atlanta. It was just what my face needed, and honestly so overdue for a facial. My esthetician, Stacy, at Life Time Fitness was amazing, and she gave me the best anti-aging skincare tips, which was just what I needed. I’m only getting older, so anti-aging skincare tips are on my radar. Here’s a fact that most people don’t know–you don’t have to be a member of Life Time Fitness to book an appointment at their spa. Life Spa is open to the public so you don’t need a membership to Life Time Fitness. The best thing is if you book a spa or salon appointment, you get access to the rest of the gym! Workout facility, pool, classes and even free babysitting up to two hours! Such a perfect deal for moms who need a little freshening up, and who wants the benefit of childcare and workout opportunities in a beautiful facility. You could also have a look into this spa if you’re in the San Diego area, waxingbyceleste.com.
When I went to my facial, I headed over in my workout clothes so I could take a good workout prior to my appointment. After I met with Stacy, the esthetician who did my facial. I got Life Time Fitness’ new facial treatment called the mimosa, which incorporates lemon essential oil, vitamin C scrub, radiant eye contour cream and hydrating mask. The facial was so wonderful! The mimosa facial is oxygen base so it stimulates the skin for repair. Stacy gave me some really great anti-aging skincare tips. I’m excited to use these tips in my own daily skincare routine. The anti-aging skincare tips are listed at the end of the post. I left Life Time Life Spa with a bag of skincare goodies that I’m share below.
5 Anti-Aging Skincare Tips
- Skincare should be broken up by daily maintenance, monthly maintenance and quarterly maintenance. I posted a good daily and weekly skincare routine that I have found to be beneficial. Stacy says that facials are very beneficial for skincare and should be a quarterly maintenance routine. She says that facials help to prep the face for the season. Facials prior to winter, help to brighten up the face while facials prior to summer help to stimulate cell repair from sun damage. She also says that if you have quite a bit of wrinkles and sun damage, facials are encouraged on a monthly basis until you see positive progress on skin improvement. Facials are also great for extractions of black heads and deep cleaning of pores.
- Incorporate a Clarisonic brush into your daily skincare routine. Stacy says that the Clarisonic brush is a great way to improve circulation in your face. It also helps to tone muscles and remove toxins via the lymphatic system. Fresh blood flow to the skin is what nourishes the cells and maintains healthy cell turnover. I have started to use the Clarisonic brush and am loving the results as I have a lot of black heads, and it’s helping to keep it under control.
- Add Retinol to your nightly skincare routine for anti-aging. Retinol is a skincare must-have that I am incorporating and loving! It helps with fine lines, dark spots, wrinkles, acne, rough or sun damaged skin. I’m a retinol newbie, so I’ve been using it twice a week. I will increase the frequency once my face gets use to it. I picked up Skin Medica Age Defense Retinol when I was at Life Time Life Spa because it also has an array of antioxidants to help fight blemishes, scars and age spots.
- Add a Vitamin C Serum to your daily skincare routine. Stacy highly recommended I pick up a Vitamin C serum to enhance protection against UV exposure since I’m out in the sun everyday with my kids. Vitamin C is also a great antioxidant and stimulates collagen production so it increase glow and evens out dark spots. Revision Vitamin C lotion is ideal for all skin types and protects from free radicals.
- Make sure you put on moisturizer sunscreen everyday on your face even during the winter months for anti-aging. Stacy constantly stressed the importance of making sure my daily face moisturizer had a SPF. I picked up the Revision Intellishade Moisturizer because it provides a broad spectrum protection of a 45 SPF and it has a foundation tint to it, which is perfect to wear during the summer months when I wear minimal makeup. It also has peptides to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Loving these easy anti-aging skincare tips and products that can all be purchased at Life Spa!
Thank you Life Time Fitness Life Spa for sponsoring this post.