My Anthropologie chair is on sale right now–25% off. I have the Astrid chair in the Naive Tropical but I really like this fabric also. It makes me smile. The chair seats well and is comfortable.
As I was shopping for Stella and Lucas’s Easter outfits, I saw this really cute smocked plaid dress at Gymboree and had to buy it for my little girl. It has gold metallic thread woven in the plaid fabric. I went against my principle of only buying children’s clothes at sale or discounted prices. It set me back about $32.00.
I saw these cute Target items in April issue of Lucky. They both cost less than $25.
I’m absolutely appalled by how much internet fraud is out there. It is advised to look into the common online scams, just so if you ever happen to fall victim of this, you’ll at least have an idea of what to do. We have been in the market of buying a new car for the last two months, and I would say that I’ve been hit with about four different internet fraud sellers. Luckily I haven’t fallen for their tactics and actually I’ve felt like I’ve become an expert in spotting a scam. So, I would like to share what I have learned so you don’t fall into their traps:
- If the price is just too good to be true and they are basically giving the car away, it’s most likely fraud.
- Usually a scammer only communicates through email, and they will list a fake number or fax number or their voice mail box is full, etc so you have to contact them through email. There are many websites that can help educate you on email scams, visit this post for more insight because it’s probably the best one that I found.
- If they say they are from a foreign country, and they can’t sell the car in the country they live in so that’s why they are selling it so cheap in the US—it’s fraud and they probably live down the street from you.
- The car is located somewhere else and they have to ship it to you, but you have to pay for it first and the seller confirms it is in good condition–it’s fraud.
- Never use an escrow service that the seller recommends and DON’t send any money using Western Union.
Buying a car is very time consuming and frustrating and it’s so sad to see something so good, oh so fake. Find out more car fraud tips here.
The New York area got hit with a big snow/sleet storm this past Friday. So, Seth got home early from work (which rarely happens) to take the kids sledding. We quickly got the kids bundled up and headed out to the park in the Civic, which was sliding all over the roads (it confirmed to us that we really do need a 4×4 car). Anyway, Seth took one ride down with Stella, and all our hopes of a happy sledding quickly disappeared when Stella started crying about how cold she was. This of course set off Lucas crying. We weren’t even at the park for 5 mins. Seth was pretty bummed but still did a few runs by himself.
I had a discount at Banana Republic, so I brought some darling wedges that were on sale! They are perfect for this Spring’s sailor/nautical trend.
I’m sure I’m speaking for all my siblings that this is a happy childhood memory. My brother Stephen forwarded it to me.