Best Drugstore Makeup
I may not be a beauty blogger and don’t claim I am, BUT I do like to wear makeup everyday and have worn makeup for many, many years. So I have had my share of good makeup products and my share of bad makeup products and have tested quite a bit of makeup. I also have a string of women in my life who love makeup as much as I do, and we always share what we are currently wearing, what doesn’t work and new makeup finds. There are many professional makeup lines at Sephora that carry my top favorite makeup items. I’ve listed them in this Makeup post. But I truly believe it’s good to be well rounded and bring into your makeup collection drugstore items. There are some really great drugstore makeup items for a fraction of the price as what you’d see at Sephora or a department store. Shopping for drugstore makeup can be tricky because you can’t sample it prior to buying it, so there is a lot of trial and error. But it’s a convenient buy and easy on the budget. In my opinion here are the best drugstore makeup items that I can’t live without.
- L’oreal True Match Super Blended Crayon Concealer–if you’ve got blemishes or circles under your eyes, this crayon concealer cleans that up really well. It has a matte finish with a skin-like glow, so you don’t feel like its too thick or clumpy when you are trying to hide that red spot on your face. Also it lasts a long time on your face
- L’oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup Foundation–what can I say? L’oreal’s True Match line is one of the best drugstore makeup line. The makeup is lightweight and gives you medium coverage. I love to wear it for every day foundation. The foundation gives you a natural skin-like finish without caking up. It has an SPF and is available in 33 coverage colors. Seriously one of my favorite drugstore makeups.
- Embryolisse Face Cream –Before you put on any concealer or foundation, lather some of Embryolisse face cream to your face. One of my favorites, and I use it as a makeup primer to keep my makeup in place and on my face. It absorbs beautifully on your face and has a featherlike feel, and is great to put on right before you put make up on. You can get Embryolisse at most department grocery stores like Target or Walmart.
- L’oreal Voluminous Mascara and Primer –I have been using this mascara since high school! One of the first mascaras I ever tried. Through the years I have tried numerous professional mascara lines and other drugstore mascaras and I just keep coming back to L’oreal Voluminous Original mascara. You really can’t get better than this. My lashes are long and separated when I put the mascara on. No clumping and it’s long lasting. The color is dark and adds depth to my lashes. It also comes in waterproof.
- Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen— The Revlon color style liquid eye pen is mess free and the liquid dries quickly and stays on all day. It’s so easy to apply and I like the different ball points so you can add different eye liner techniques. The other thing is the eye pen lasts a really long time and does dry out. Your definitely get your money’s worth.
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color– If you are like me, I love lip color! And I do tend to go through lipgloss like it’s candy or something because I am always running out of lipgloss. The Revlon lip gloss is thick and stays on the lips but doesn’t dry it out, and you have a choice of matte or shine. One application and you are set. I like to put on a lip liner and then the lip color over it.
- Wet ‘n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Lipstick— Wet ‘n Wild has come a long way! Since I began wearing makeup, Wet ‘n Wild has always been the cheap, bad quality makeup. But I tell you, I am so impressed with this lipgloss. The color is impressive and the staying power is long. I am sold! The lip gloss glides on like butter, feels like a second skin and won’t budge.
SHOP the POST: