Last Minute Mother’s Day Gifts
Mother’s Day is this weekend, and if you are like me I’m always figuring gift ideas at the last minute. Thankfully I have a mother that loves my jewelry, so she usually picks a piece or two out, which makes it easier on me. But the gift she cherishes most from her children are personal letters and notes telling her how much we love her. And I have to admit that I love little love notes from my children, along with the art pieces or projects they made with me in mind.
If you’ve got an hour or two to spare before mother’s day, make something special for your mom. Here are a few last minute mother’s day gifts that are handmade with love:
- Make an abstract art piece using her favorite colors. If you have children, get them involved to make the art piece more personal.
- Take some of her old costume jewelry and repurpose it into a new jewelry piece she will wear.
- Make a constellation jewelry tray with her birth month and take it one step farther and put a constellation necklace in it.
- Get creative and send her flowers in a floral terrarium.
- Dress fancy and buy matching southern hats and take her to a tea house for a fun afternoon. Or host an intimate tea party with all the ladies in her family recognizing Mom.
- Make a sequin pillow with your family’s name on it or her favorite saying.
- Make a gift basket with a theme…like a cooking theme with favorite recipes and bottled jams or bathtub theme with homemade scrubs and oils
Other traditional ideas are potted flowers in painted planter’s pot, a digital scrapbook (you can even do this at cvs!), charm initial necklace with children’s initials. So many options to truly make it a personalized gift that mom will cherish and remember for many years to come!
Or you can always wrap up something pretty from my favorite mother’s day gift choices: