My children’s favorite after-school snack that’s most requested is apple cinnamon. And its one of my favorite snacks too! We all know that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but did you know that cinnamon has health benefits too? Here are some fun facts about cinnamon:
- regulates blood sugar–good for someone who has diabetes
- appetite suppressant
- improves digestion/diarrhea
- helps with excess menstrual flow
- inhibits bacterial growth
- helps with arthritis and menopause
Before you ingest cinnamon by the spoonful, check out some of these side effects. Too much is never too good of anything of course!